Adams Electric Cooperative aims to award 5-10 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to college students who are currently enrolled in and taking classes at a post-secondary school or accredited training program (two-year, four-year, or trade/technical) AND are sons or daughters of a co-op member.
The cooperative works in partnership with the Adams County Community Foundation to administer these scholarships. Applications are accepted each year from May through mid-July.
Applications are reviewed by Adams Electric’s Scholarship Committee in August of each year and then winners are recommended to the board of directors for final approval. Winners are typically announced in early September.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria
- The student — the son or daughter of a co-op member — must have at least one parent or guardian currently receiving electric service from Adams Electric with an account in good standing, and the parent or guardian must live in Pennsylvania at the time of the student’s application for a scholarship.
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student and have completed at least one semester at an accredited college/university or an accredited training program (two-year, four-year, or trade/technical). Current transcript required with application.
- A head and shoulders photo is required with application.
- The recipient shall be allowed to retain their scholarship for one year from the date of selection, even if they have dropped or are auditing courses if they are still incurring expenses equal to or greater than the amount of the scholarship. Scholarship funds are dispersed directly to the school a recipient will attend.
- Adams Electric Cooperative employees, directors, scholarship committee members and previous Adams Electric Undergraduate Scholarship winners are not eligible