Members are asked to conserve energy by shifting their use of major appliances to before 1 p.m. and after 7 p.m. on hot weekday afternoons. This decreases the use of electricity during high energy demand periods, which in turn helps keep electric rates low. No sign up or switch is necessary – anyone can help out!
Specifically, members are encouraged to:
- Move the use of air conditioners, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers, pool pumps and dehumidifiers to early morning or late evening through the week.
- Try grilling instead of heating up your oven for dinner.
- Take shorter showers during 'on-peak' times.
- Set thermostats to 78 degrees or above.
- Turn off unnecessary lighting.