Weathering the Storm
- Check on others who may need assistance.
- Disconnect or turn off appliances or electronics that were on when the power outage occurred.
- Layer your clothing to help keep your core body temperature steady.
- Leave a light on so you will know when power has been restored.
- Monitor an available media source for up-to-date information.
- Open faucets slightly. A constant drip of water will help prevent pipes from freezing.
- Gather supplies for a storm survial kit and keep it stocked and ready for severe weather.
What is backfeeding?
Who gets power back first?