Member Rights and Responsibilities
Your rights as an Adams Electric member:
- To an uninterrupted supply and/or delivery of electric energy. Although uninterrupted supply is not fully guaranteed, the cooperative will use reasonable diligence to maintain reliable electric service to all members.
- To receive capital credits. The portion of payments made by each member which exceeds the cost of supplying power may be returned to the members as capital credits or patronage capital each year.
- To vote for the board of directors. Members in good standing may run for open board seats.
- To attend a zone meeting and the annual meeting each year.
- To be a volunteer and serve on the Election Committee or the Member Advisory Committee as vacancies permit.
- To receive a subscription to Penn Lines, a statewide magazine with the purpose of giving useful information to electric cooperative members.
- To have your membership fee (without interest) and security deposit, if applicable (with interest), deducted from your last bill when you leave the cooperative.
Your responsibilities as an Adams Electric member:
- Pay the cooperative for all electric energy used that has been supplied by the cooperative.
- Give immediate notice to the cooperative of any interruptions or irregularities in the cooperative's delivery of electric energy.
- Keep your home's electrical wiring in good condition and in compliance with the National Electrical Code.
- Grant a right-of-way to the cooperative if you are requested to do so.
- Avoid planting trees under electric lines or bushes near padmounted transformers.
- Consider participation in any program established by the cooperative to more efficiently use or conserve electric energy supplied and/or delivered by the cooperative.
- Provide a suitable site for the cooperative to deliver and meter electric energy delivered to the property.
- Keep the meter accessible to the co-op employees, free from hostile animals or any other hostile threat.